1. Your eyes are entrancing. Every time I look in them, I HAVE TO praise the mighty Creator.
2. You are content with the smallest bits of attention and affection...but you revel in the love your family loves to lavish on you. Thank you for accepting a love that seemed so foreign.
3. You taught us more than we may ever teach you. Many have said you are intended for great things. The Maker of heaven and earth has already used you for many great things in our lives.
4. You wiggle in delight each time you see your family. Arms flail. Legs thrash wildly. Full on delight. You love us because we first loved you, and this reminds us of the scriptural application of this truth.
5. You brought another level of purpose and solidarity to our family, your family.
6. You fit right in from the beginning. We would have been grateful to work through any of the hard, but you made this process a sheer joy. In this too, we take constant praise to the throne. Another way your life has already directed glory to the Lord.
7. Your cry is distinctly different than any other. You trill your tongue when you mad cry. This reminds me how different you are. Unique in your ways, you (just as intended) stand out. It gives me hope that you will not conform rather transform.
8. Your laugh is contagious. Though a man of few sounds, when you do laugh the world catches on and can't resist joining in.
9. Your plump lips are kissable, and you LOVE to kiss. From the moment you came home, you would grab our faces, pull us to you, try to consume our entire face as you rubbed your lips all over our faces. I love your reckless abandon in loving us.
10. You are mine. Ours. You are here. Finally. An answer to prayer after years of wait. Thank you, Jesus.
Happy ten month birthday, Mezekir!