Thursday, May 19, 2011

The New Happy

I remember the first day I held Mez just like it was yesterday.  I remember that round, roly poly baby lying in my arms staring up at me.  I remember those deep, dark eyes peacefully peering into my heart and his sing-song cooing.  I don't remember when that precious baby morphed into a squawking, squealing, slapping, and scowling toddler.  But that is us.  The new happy is MAD.  MAD MEZ.  

I know I've had three other toddlers.  I know at least one of them was, well, awful.  I know I'm supposed to remember this, but I just don't.  Maybe it's because Mez's face says it all.  You can read this boy like a gossip magazine at the checkout line.  There is no hiding his emotion.  Take a look for yourself.







In spite of the daily explosive emotions, Mez, you are all the better for your vim and vigor...now if we can just harness it for good.  Mama is tired!







4 comments:

  1. You know, at least he makes mad look good! That is some fabulous hair he is rocking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Mama!!!

    And I agree with Soko...Mez does have awesome hair...does he have natural blonde highlights, or is that just how the flash shines on his hair? Either way...love his curlz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry but he still is sooo cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Soko and @Tracy, good laugh. Not too long ago, I looked back at the prayer list I had going while we waited for referral. Right under attachment was "good hair." True story! Even though I laugh about it now, I used to obsessedly pray for those lovely locks.

    @Tracy Yes. He's has natural blonde and red highlights. They become stronger in the summer.

    @Jen Agreed! One of my fav pics from a shoot is him screaming. His little nose is all squished up and his mouth wide open. Love it!

    ReplyDelete