Wednesday, May 30, 2012

For the love of a Father


Three nights ago, Hewan lay in bed shaking with tears and an aching sadness.  I begged her to share her pain.  Finally, she confided, “My heart is for daddy.  I love him, but I don’t know him.  I love him, but I don’t have him.  I need him in my arms, mommy.”  I did my best to hold back the tears of happiness as a smile crept onto my face.  I love hearing the work God is doing in my children’s hearts as He creates a desire and a love for their daddy.

I held my sweet girl while she cried and cried for a love she so desires and knows with a familiarity that only God can plant in a heart.  She gripped me with all the strength of her arms.  She held to the love she knows as she ached for the love of which she dreams.  I am more aware today than ever of the desires that God places in the heart of each child to love and be loved by an earthly father.  I whispered in her ears of a love greater than the love of her earthly dad...the love of God and Jesus, the redeemer.  I pray that soon there is an ache birthed  for the love of God (and a desire greater than her love for Josh).  In the meantime, I’ll be rejoicing in the work HE is doing in all of my children. 

2 comments:

  1. How long now until she gets to hug that earthly Daddy? I know it's close, but can't remember...

    ReplyDelete